Starting a beer delivery service is a great way to make money and have fun while doing it. There are several things you will need to do in order to get your business off the ground.
Here are the 8 steps you can take to get started on building your very own beer delivery service business.
8 Steps to Launching a New Beer Delivery Service Business
1. Name Your Beer Delivery Service Business
Give your beer delivery service business an identity so people will think of it as a well-known and respected brand. You can take the name of your beer delivery service business from your industry, focus on a geographical location, or use your own name among other options.
The main goal for naming your beer delivery service business is to make it sound appealing and trustworthy so that potential customers will want to do business with you.
2. Choose a Legal Form for Your Business
By incorporating your beer delivery service business, you will limit your liability. You can incorporate as a Limited Liability Company (LLC), a C Corporation (C-Corp), or an S Corporation (S-Corp). Or you can operate as a sole proprietorship.
The business structure you choose for your beer delivery service business will determine the amount of taxes you pay and which state or federal tax forms you need to file.
Read our article comparing the most common beer delivery service business structures.
3. Write a Beer Delivery Service Business Plan
All beer delivery service business owners should develop a business plan.
A business plan is a document that outlines the goals, strategies, and operations of a business. It can be used to secure funding from investors or lenders, as well as to guide the day-to-day operations of the business. The business plan should include information on the company’s products or services, market analysis, financial projections, and management team among other things.
When developing your beer delivery service business plan and strategy, you should think about the following questions your customers might have:
- What is a beer delivery service?
- What are the benefits of using a beer delivery service?
- How do I order from a beer delivery service?
- How much does it cost to use a beer delivery service?
- What types of beers are available through a beer delivery service?
- Where does your beer delivery service deliver?
- How long does it take for a beer delivery service to deliver?
- What is the minimum order for a beer delivery service?
- What are the hours of operation for a beer delivery service?
- How does payment work for a beer delivery service?
You can use these questions as a guide when drafting your business plan and strategies. Answering these questions in your business plan will give you a good foundation from which to start.
Read our article about how to write a beer delivery service business plan.
4. Apply for the Necessary Permits and Licenses
There may be required licenses and permits you need to obtain before launching your beer delivery service business.
For example, if you are selling alcohol, you will need to obtain a liquor license. To get a liquor license, you will need to complete an application and pass a background check. The requirements for a liquor license vary from state to state.
You must also register your beer delivery service business as a legal entity with the state where you plan to do business. You can simply file an online form through your Secretary of State website.
Registering with the federal government is also essential so you can properly pay taxes for your business. You will also need an Employer Identification Number (EIN), which you can apply for at the IRS website, if you plan to hire employees.
Read our article about obtaining the proper beer delivery service business licenses.
5. Determine Your Budget & Apply for Funding as Needed
In developing your beer delivery service business plan, you will figure out how much funding you need to start and grow your business.
If you have your own funds to invest in your beer delivery service business, you may consider taking advantage of that. In addition to your personal funds, other forms of potential funding for your beer delivery service business include traditional bank loans, SBA loans, credit cards, angel investors and family and friends.
Read our article about the costs associated with starting a beer delivery service business to help you determine if funding is needed.
6. Get the Technology & Software Needed to Run Your Business Efficiently
When you start your beer delivery service business, it’s essential to have the right technology in place to maximize efficiency. You definitely need a computer with Internet access, and accounting software for tracking expenses and revenues.
You may also want to invest in a customer relationship management (CRM) system, which can help keep track of your customers’ contact information and orders. A CRM system can automate some of the tedious tasks associated with customer services, such as responding to customer inquiries and managing customer complaints.
7. Market Your Beer Delivery Service Business to Potential Customers
Before you start selling your products, you have to let the world know you exist. The first step is to create a website so people can learn more about your products and how they benefit them.
After you launch your website, start promoting it through social media channels like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Also consider networking with other people in the beer delivery service industry through social media and blogs so they can help share your business.
You also need to start gathering the materials needed to execute on your promotions strategy, which is your strategy for attracting new customers. Beer delivery service businesses should consider the following promotional strategies for which you should start getting prepared:
- Sponsor a charity event or local sports team
- Give out free samples to potential customers
- Hold a contest or giveaway on social media
- Offer a discount for first-time customers
- Partner with a local bar or restaurant
- Create a blog or podcast about beer culture
Read our article about how to market your beer delivery service business for more tips.
8. Get New Customers & Grow Your Business
When you promote your products, you’ll start to get interest from potential customers.
Make sure you’re ready to serve these customers. Also, be sure to establish systems to ensure consistency and reduce costs. And be sure to find and train the right people to help you grow your beer delivery service business.
Read our article about how to effectively grow your beer delivery service business to learn more.
Starting a Beer Delivery Service Business FAQs
The beer delivery service industry is growing rapidly, as more and more people are looking for ways to get their favorite beers delivered right to their doorstep. This provides a great opportunity for entrepreneurs to start their own businesses in this space.
To start a successful beer delivery service business, you need to have a strong understanding of the industry and what it takes to be successful in it. You also need to have a solid business plan and the right technology and software in place to run your business efficiently. Finally, you need to market your business effectively to attract new customers.
You can start a beer delivery service business from home by following the steps outlined in this article. Then, establish a workspace and home office. Next, figure out your delivery strategy and get the right technology and software in place. Finally, start marketing your business to attract new customers.
To market your beer delivery service business online, you should start by creating a website. Then, promote your website through social media channels like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. You should also consider networking with other people in the beer delivery service industry so they can help share your business. Finally, gather the materials needed to execute your promotions strategy.
Here are some tips for starting a beer delivery service business:
- Research the market
- Create a solid business plan
- Get the right technology and software in place
- Market your business effectively
- Find and train the right people to help you grow your business
- Be prepared to serve your customers
- Establish systems to ensure consistency and reduce costs
- Effectively grow your beer delivery service business
A simple checklist to use when starting a beer delivery service business is as follows:
- Name Your Beer Delivery Service Business: This should be done with care, as your brand is important for attracting the right customers. A simple, memorable name will go a long way.
- Choose a Legal Form for Your Business: Whether you choose to become a sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC, corporation or another option will depend on your business. Ensure that you are aware of all the implications of each type.
- Write a Beer Delivery Service Business Plan: Your business plan will also help you determine what your start-up costs will be and will provide a roadmap with which you can launch and grow.
- Apply for the Necessary Permits and Licenses: In most locations you will be required to apply for a business license and/or permits before you can begin operations.
- Determine Your Budget & Apply for Funding as Needed: You will need to know how much money you have to spend on all of your business-related expenses before opening any doors. If needed, apply for a small business loan or other funding options.
- Get the Technology & Software Needed to Run Your Business Efficiently: You need to have the right tools in place to succeed. Implement software that will help you manage your time, contacts, and business operations in general.
- Market Your Beer Delivery Service Business to Potential Customers: A solid marketing plan will be crucial to your success. It should focus on attracting the right customers so that you can provide them with the products they truly need.
- Get Customers & Grow Your Business: Once you have a solid marketing plan, it's time to actively pursue and secure those who could benefit the most from your products.
Starting a beer delivery service business can be a great way to make a profit. To get started, simply follow the steps outlined in this article. Then, create a solid business plan, get the right technology and software in place, and start marketing your business. With a little hard work, you can soon have a thriving beer delivery service business.